Existence is a precarious balance between law and chaos. Too much of either and the imbalance can cause untold catastrophe. After the events of the Cleansing War, the deities themselves took note of the results of that imbalance. It is now in their best interest to keep the balance between law and chaos, to let no side gain an advantage or face Armageddon themselves.
- Supreme Deities – The Supreme Deities are the essence of the universe. All things are created by a balance of Law & Chaos.
- Chaos – Goddess of disorder and randomness.
- Law – God of justice, order and defense.
- Greater Deities – The Greater Deities are the manifestations of the elemental powers that are required for anything to exist. They are impartial, granting equal opportunities for both lawful and chaotic use.
- Ariel – Elemental goddess of the air, wind and sky.
- Gaia – Elemental goddess of the earth, animals and plants.
- Rae – Elemental goddess of the sun, fire and heat.
- Tempest – Elemental god of water and storms.
- Intermediate Deities – The Intermediate Deities are the representations of the drives of mankind’s emotions. Unbiased and impartial to what end their faith inspires, they offer no apologies for actions carried out in their names.
- Abiosys – God of death, afterlife and the underworld.
- Arcane – God of magic and knowledge.
- Artifice – God of craftsmanship and design.
- Aurora – Goddess of birth, healing, mercy protection and fertility.
- Conquest – God of war, combat and battle.
- Desire – Goddess of love and lust.
- Fates, The – Goddess of divinity and predestination.
- Furies, The – Goddesses of vengeance and destruction.
- Guile – God of luck, chance and fortune.
- Harmony – God of music, etiquette, language and lore.
- Journey – God of travel, exploration and history.
- Serenity – Goddess of peace, patience, tranquility and forgiveness.
- Lesser Deities – These deities represent the physical manifestations of man and woman. The living embodiment of physical beings.
- Andros – God of man, strength and endurance.
- Estros – Goddess of woman, dexterity, beauty, grace and litheness.
What do the religions do for the people.
Law: Judges are assigned from members of the church of Law. Legal clerks, lawyers, etc…. A universal system of law pervades (a ten commandments kind of thing) but also the king and rulers of the lands can establish their own laws.
Chaos: Provides no service to the public.
Gaia (Earth): Agricultural rituals. Manage the communal food stores. Venerate parks and forest lands. Sets standards for food goods.
Rae (Fire): Lowest level initiates are in charge of lighting the cities lanterns.
Abiosys: Manage cemetarys. Funeral directors, Mortisions, etc.
Arcane: Run the magic schools, libraries, etc. Serve as scribes.
Artifice: Inspectors of Craftsmanship. Apraisals.
Aurora; healers, hospitals, midwifes.
Conquest; runs the arenas. Military advisors.
Desire; runs the escort services (geisha). Matchmakers.
The Fates: Oracles, soothsayers, advisors.
The Furies: Frequently are associated with assassin’s guilds. Otherwise provide no services.
Guile: Provides no services.
Harmony: Collects stories and songs.
Journey: Pony express. Provide mail services. They manage the message board. People go to their temple to send or receive mail. Lower initiates of the religion run messages throughout towns.